Tax Free Shopping
Tax Free Shopping
Tax Free Shopping is a service for tourists whose residence is not in the EU. They can ask for a submission of VAT refund form while making their purchases as long as they meet the following conditions:
- the buyer´s residence has to be located outside of the EU
- the minimum purchase from one merchant in one day is 2,001 CZK
- the buyer gets a Tax Free form, which has to be filled in properly
- these goods have to be exported within 3 months, from the end of the month in which they were purchased
- when exporting goods (going across the EU border) the properly filled in form has to be stamped by the customs authority
- it is necessary to submit a filled in and stamped form together with the original receipt at the Refund Office to get the VAT refunded
Tax Free Shopping Global Blue
The Tax Free Shopping service offers tourists not only the standard method of VAT refund, but a special service as well - it is called the Downtown Refund Service and you may find this in PALLADIUM on the floor 0 at Infokiosk.
This service enables the tourist to obtain the VAT refund even before visiting customs. A tourist must then visit one of the Global Blue Refund Offices and submit:
- their passport
- an embossed credit card (VISA, MASTER CARD or AMEX) which must be valid for at least the next three months as a guarantee that the tourist will return the stamped form back to Global Blue * **
- the properly filled in Tax Free form together with the original receipt
- ALL THESE DOCUMENTS HAVE TO BE IN ONE PERSON'S NAME.
After receiving a customs stamp, it is necessary to send the stamped form together with the receipts in a prepaid envelope back to Global Blue. You can use Global Blue Mailbox which you can find it by the Cash Point at the airport. Please note that if you fail to return your stamped Tax Free Form within 21 days, a charge of the amount of the refund plus a fee of 15% of the refund amount will be made to your credit card.
* The amount of 1 EUR will be blocked for one week on the tourist´s credit card while checking the card's validity.
** The maximum refund amount for one person is 12,500 CZK
Please remember that you ALWAYS need to get a customs stamp on your Tax Free Form, when you are leaving the EU and to send the stamped form to a service provider. You can get the customs stamp at the airport or at the border.
List of participating stores
Tax free shopping
- ALPINE PRO
- Armani Exchange
- Calvin Klein Jeans
- Helly Hansen
- HUGO Hugo Boss
- LEE COOPER
- Marks & Spencer
- Patrizia Pepe
- Pepe Jeans London
- Quiksilver & ROXY
- Wrangler / Lee